A 10km run on the famous Thruxton Race Circuit near Andover, Hampshire. The course is fast, flat and completely traffic free and comprises a of wide, smooth, tarmac circuit making the run suitable for beginners and experienced competitors alike.
Thruxton Motor Race Circuit is on the site of an old RAF base and still maintains two runways within the track itself. The circuit hosts a number of large motorsport events including Formula 3, British Super Bikes and British Touring Cars.
Last year’s run was super hero themed, this years event is all about the 1980’s!
The run is on the same day as our Thruxton Mass Attack Duathlon which is now in its 25th year at the circuit. Click HERE for the duathlon’s event page.
Date & Time
Date & Time
- Sunday 14th October 2018
- Race Start – 09.00am
- Thruxton Race Circuit, Andover, Hampshire SP11 8PW
- Flat Course – (See course map, for elevations below)
- Traffic free, (no traffic lights, parked cars, pavements, just super smooth tarmac!)
- Race Start 09:00am
- Minimum Age to enter = 15 years old for the 10k – (ages on day of event)
- Chip Timed
- SMS Text Results
- 10km – Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female. 1st male and female age groups, 1st Team Prize (top 3 team finishers male\female – on total aggregate time)
- Buggy Friendly Course
- Free Parking
- Sorry, no dogs allowed on site (running or with supporters due to an active runway in the centre of the circuit)
- No entry on the day is available
- Turn up and run! No pre registration on the day, all race packs are posted before the race
- Want to dress up? Well why not! This year is 80’s themed!
- Finishers T-Shirt – (new 2018 design out in March)
- Custom Medal – (new 2018 design out in March)
- Free Photos
- Banana, bottled water and Haribos waiting for you at the finish!
This year our run is 80’s themed. Our finishers medal and T-Shirt will be 80’s inspired!
- Trophy for fastest 80’s inspired runner (male\female)
- Trophy for best 80’s costume (overall)
10km Course Map
Is Thruxton Race Circuit Run a flat course?
It depends on your view of what is hilly! A 10km run on Bournemouth promenade is around 47 metres of elevation (Bournemouh Pier to Southbourne and back). Our Thruxton course is a little higher at 54 metres of elevation. Not pancake flat but by no means hilly either!
|10km Pricing||UK Athletics Club Affiliated||Unattached|
|Really Early Bird (ends March 5th 2018)||£14.00||£16.00|
|Early Bird (ends 3rd May 2018)||£16.00||£18.00|
|Regular Price (ends 12th Oct 2018, unless sold out)||£18.00||£20.00|